Has it ever happened to you that you need to read a book and when you find it on the Internet it is in PDF format? Don’t be alarmed, it usually happens, but it is not something that has no solution, it is always possible to open any file. There are several programs or wizards that allow you to open this type of files without any problem. Today we will talk about these programs. If you are interested in learning how to open PDF files, then stay with us. This article is ideal for you.
What is a PDF file?
PDF portable document format allows storing digital documents. Primarily developed by Adobe Systems, it later became an open format.
PDF files can contain multiple types of files such as: buttons, links, audios, company logistics, form fields and others. It is also possible to sign electronically. The fascinating thing is that we can also learn how to open PDF files with the free Acrobat Reader DC software.
How to open PDF files from cell phones
The most common mobile operating systems (OS) are iOS and Android. Here we will explain how to open PDF files on these systems.
Open PDF files on iOS
In the case of iOS, there are several ways to view PDF documents:
Safari browser :
- We will open the PDF link from the Safari application.
- By tapping the PDF icon this file opens automatically in the browser.
- We can zoom in and out if the file is a little difficult to read. Just spread your fingers apart to zoom in and together to zoom out.
- We can also add the PDF to our iBooks application.
- This way we can access the PDF whenever we want.
- We will open the message containing the PDF file.
- Double click on the link. This will open the PDF file in the email viewer.
Open PDF files on Android
In the case of this system we have several options that will allow us to open PDF files:
- Once we have already downloaded and installed the application on the mobile, which we can find in the Google Play, we will look for the PDF file we want to open.
- Click on the PDF file icon.
- After this the application will open the PDF automatically.
- We download and install the Adobe Reader application from the Google Play.
- We will go to the folder where we have saved the PDF file.
- We touch it, and the application opens automatically on the mobile.
- Once in Adobe Reader we can access the menu and see the PDF documents that will appear in a list to choose the one we want to see.
Programs to open PDF files
The most common program for opening PDF files is Adobe Acrobat Reader. However, we can also count on other types of free assistants such as: Foxit Reader or Sumatra PDF.
How to open PDF files from Adobe Acrobat Reader application
We will open Adobe and perform the following actions:
- Click “open” to locate the PDF file.
- Now choose the file, click “open” or the “open file” option in the toolbar.
- In the next box we will select one or more files and open them. PDF documents usually have their file name and pdf extension.
How to open a PDF file from the desktop or from a web page
- If we want to open a PDF that is linked to an open web page, we just need to click on the PDF icon and it will open in the same browser.
- When the PDF is on the desktop of our computer, we double click on the PDF file icon and it will open automatically with the application or it will go to a web browser.
- In this way we have learned how to open PDF files from any type of application.
- 1 What is a PDF file?
- 2 How to open PDF files from cell phones
- 3 Open PDF files on iOS
- 4 Open PDF files on Android
- 5 Programs to open PDF files
- 6 How to open PDF files from Adobe Acrobat Reader application
- 7 How to open a PDF file from the desktop or from a web page